Areas of practice
As a member of the Employment & Labour Law Group at KSW Lawyers, Junki Hong practice focuses on employment law for employers and employees including wrongful dismissals, employment standards, employment contracts and human rights claims. He also advises clients with commercial litigation concerns such as shareholder disputes, lease disputes, contractual disputes and more.
Junki is a natural problem solver with a passion for helping others strategize and find resolutions to whatever issues they face. As someone who speaks not only English but Korean, he is able to assist those who are not as familiar with the English language. As a long-time resident of the Fraser Valley, Junki’s roots started in Coquitlam where he grew up and eventually obtained his Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Engineering Physics (electronics) from Simon Fraser University. As an undergraduate student, Junki worked at a Vancouver-based LED company and fuel cell research lab at SFU. Prior to obtaining his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Victoria, Junki was employed at a nanophotonics software company based in Vancouver.
During his free time, Junki enjoys watching movies, dining out, and spending time with his family in their community.
ARTICLES – KOREAN SPEAKING LAWYER
- Vanchosun Korean Newspaper – January 7, 2021: ‘코로나19 상황에 알아둬야 할 BC노동법’
KSW로펌 홍준기 인권 변호사의 일문일답 – https://issuu.com/vanchosun.com/docs/210109/6
- Vanchosun Korean Newspaper – April 8, 2021: 일상에 만연한 인종차별, 어떻게 대응해야 할까? – https://issuu.com/vanchosun.com/docs/0410/4
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Surrey Bar Association, Director at Large
- Access Pro Bono’s Lawyer Referral Service, Member
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (British Columbia), Member
- Association of Korean-Canadian Scientists and Engineers, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- The University of Victoria Faculty of Law academic journal, Past Business Manager/Editorial Board Member
- LL.B., Bachelor of Laws – 2017
Simon Fraser University
- B.A., Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Engineering Physics (electronics) – 2011
- Awards: Natural Science and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) Undergraduate Research Awards
- Honours, with Distinction
- British Columbia, 2018
We are ready to help you
Get in touch with our experienced legal advisors today! We are here to support you or your business.